We have evidence that cleo has slowly transformed into a dog by catching on the dog-friendly vibe in the apartment:
1) She is now the size of a small dog: 12 lbs ( all fat and fur)
2) she has mastered the Ginga roll-over move.
3) everything takes a back seat to treats and other cat food.
4) cuddling with human is fun and gets you more treats.
5) It is OK to enter the bathroom when people are in it.
6) Voice your opinion as often as possible.
But here is the definite proof: today while trying to jump down from the top of the fridge on to the kitchen counter to get her food, Cleo wanted to avoid spilling her milk so she jumped a little too close to the edge. The problem is, she forgot she gained a little weight so her momentum carried over the edge and towards the kitchen floor. A cat would have recovered gracefully by spinning in mid-air and fall on their paws ( hence the saying: " a cat always...."). Not this cat; she just was totally panicked by her mishap and let herself fall on her sizeable derriere. Needless to say, she was unhappy and a little embarassed by the incident and try to pretend it never happended. I really wish I had a camera. So Chanakha, it's a cat/dog that you wil be getting.; hope that's OK by you.